Friday, January 23, 2009

Why 'Running Wild'?

The phrase 'running wild' seems to characterize my world. Physically, being a competitive distance runner, I push myself to run far and fast about 360 mornings a year. Mentally, my brain fills every hour of the day running with the wild thoughts and flow in and out. My emotions tend to run wild, but I try to keep anything that doesn't fit into a pretty little box from being released. In general, since my move from Wisco to So Cal last year I have found myself running... running races, running away, running in circles... But running is my passion, filling me with life, strength, courage, and gratitude.

4 comments:

  1. Very well done. I enjoyed your blog on the run. Good for you for perservering.
    Joan...from class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it has been 20 years since I have been a runner, I still dream about it sometime. I really wish I could do this again, but unfortunately, it will just never be possible for me again.
    Please realize how lucky you are. Thanks for the blog. It made me very wistful, unfortunately.
    Alex from class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing style. The descriptive words help me feel your passion and the freedom you feel when running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read,indeed.get more followers

    ReplyDelete