Monday, February 2, 2009

Running Sick

Last weekend was the Carlsbad 1/2 Marathon and I hoped to post after a successful, fun race... however, I ended up pushing too hard for the first 7 miles and my body responded in anger! Vomitting on myself was not fun, nor was the dip I took in the cold ocean to clean off, and for the first time ever I contemplated not finishing a race... being stubborn and often stupid I kept pushing and managed to complete the race in the top 25. Needless to say I felt the physical repercussions for a few days and still feel a slight disappointment in the course of events, but there's no point in the 'woe is me' attitude, and there will more races...

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you kept running after all of that. Shows what an incredible amount of determination and perserverance you have. Keep running girl!

    ReplyDelete