Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleep Running

Sleep last night proved to be an impossible task, I just never reached that peaceful state and finally gave in and opened my eyes at 3am, fully awake and alert. Rather than forcing myself to lie there, knowing I would never actually fall asleep, I decided to get up and head out for a run. Although probably not the safest or smartest idea, I bundled up and ran toward the beach. The zone feeling came quickly and I totally escaped from the world. About half-way through I looked out over the ocean and just took a huge deep breath, the feeling was something words can not even describe. Following the run I took a long hot shower and to my surprise was able to pass out for a good solid hour of refreshing sleep.... The entire morning was invigorating, but this is not a habit I want to form... I know the benefits of sleep and tonight I plan to catch up on what I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment